18 March 2014

Sew For Victory 2014!

SFVbutton900


Well it certainly has been a while since my last post! I've been pretty busy again, but more details on that later since it really deserves it's own post. I've since completed a lovely dark teal dress (if you follow me on Instagram then you would have seen it already) and a couple of other crafty side projects. As spring is in full swing here in Seattle (even our cherry trees are blossoming...) I thought it more appropriate to write about sewing something flowery and spring like.


I've decided to participate in this year's sew for victory sew-a-thon again. I loved it so much last year I just couldn't refuse! It's wonderful getting to see everyone's creative projects centered around WWII-era fashion. So, I've spent the last couple of days going through my vintage patterns and figuring out what I wanted to do. Given my indecisive nature...I thought I would ask you, dear readers, which project I should go for! I've picked out three patterns and their corresponding fabrics. Each fabric is a rayon jersey I was lucky enough to score on clearance for $5 a yard. They are also so light and airy, perfect for spring and summer!

Below is choice A. It's the one I am leaning towards most, mainly because it's not as colourful and I really have a sort of aversion to colourful wardrobe items...yes even in the spring! But I also love that dress pattern. The accompanying peach fabric would be the piping along the drop waist and yoke. Also buttons in the back.



Next is choice B. I love, love this print. That says something because I don't really care for pink, but I'm trying to be more adventurous and get fabrics that aren't like everything else in my closet (terrible habit I have...why stray away from what works!). The bows, waistband, and buttons in the back would have solid dark red fabric to compliment the roses. 



Lastly is choice C. From my favourite dress pattern from the late 30's, using a black large pin-dot floral print. No accenting here, as the dress has so much detail I would leave it as is. It has pleating down the front and ruched shoulder yokes. Lovely!



Which do you think I should pick for the Sew For Victory project?

23 comments:

  1. I thought for sure there would be a clear winner that I would choose, but no! They are all so perfect!! I think though that B just edges out the other two for the one I like most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a close call, isn't it! And B is very, very tempting...

      Delete
  2. I'd pick A as well. The fabric really makes you glow when you hold it up against your skin. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you. Black does that to my skin, thanks to my olive undertones!

      Delete
  3. It's a two-way tie for me between A and B, with B perhaps inching out a tad simply because I absolutely, flat out adore that gorgeous fabric so much.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I think I have to agree, it is such a pretty fabric, isn't it? Almost like a water colour print.

      Delete
  4. All three.
    Ha ha... no really!
    I can't choose. Sorry, but i am absolutely no help!
    I seriously cannot choose. There is something that i love about each three, eaither the pattern, the fabric, or both.
    All three are gorgeous!
    Can't wait to see what you go with, and i do hope that whatever you don't use for the project, you'll make anyway!

    ~Abigail
    http://sweetergetsthejourneyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I totally understand! I couldn't choose either. I will most likely make these all eventually...unless I change my mind again on the pattern.

      Delete
  5. Choice A. The fabric is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, tough choice. I love the colours and the fabrics from choice A, but the photo of you with the B-fabric is just so great, it really suits you. So even if it isn't a colour you normally wear, I am pretty confident it would look amazing on you, and I can really well imagine it with the red details you mentioned.
    So I would go with B.
    And why is everything passing so fast?! Already Sew for Victory again. I would so love to participate this year, I really hope I can manage to. Being part of the Fall for Cotton SA was such a great fun.
    love, ette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your input! :) looks like B is ahead on the Instagram poll as well. You are absolutely correct, it's good to be adventurous and try something new! I hope to see your project too!

      Delete
  7. Love them all! But the first option is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pattern is lovely, I'm really in love with the shawl neckline! Such a difficult decision, haha.

      Delete
  8. Another person of indecisive nature right here. I'm having a hard time choosing my Sew For Victory project as well. It's a hard pick but I think I'd go with option A!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is terrible isn't it, trying to decide! Probably the most difficult part. But I look forward to seeing what you decide to go with!

      Delete
  9. I love fabric B but the colors of A look so good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so hard to choose..they are all fantastic. I am leaning towards A, but I also do not tend to wear colors. I think the pick is quite lovely on you. Hmmm. I can't wait to see what you end up with. I want to do this sew along too. I have been looking through Etsy for patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your input :) you should totally go for it! It's a fun project. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

      Delete
  11. I'm going against the grain here, but I absolutely love C!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all so pretty! My favourite overall is C, but I think A and B are both better for spring. I'd go with A!

    ReplyDelete