So far, my suit is going well. I am using this pattern, simplicity 3144:
It's a dress, but I am using the skirt and making a waistband for it. I'm using a charcoal vintage linen that has been a dream to work with...as linen often is. The blazer is finished and I even lined it. Here was the progress:
A close-up of the shoulder darts, because...well, shoulder darts! Who doesn't love them. I had to use shoulder pads for this suit top, which I often avoid in a desperate attempt at not looking like a linebacker. However, they pretty much complete the look here, probably due to the arrangement of the darts. The finished product:
Hand-sewn lining wasn't as bad as I had assumed and everything went together in about five hours. Not bad! I'll post pictures of myself in this when I finish my next project, Simplicity 3660.
I am currently working on this, without the redingote. It's my first time using a knit for fabric. However, I found a lovely organic bamboo rayon jersey knit in chocolate and I just couldn't refuse! Here's hoping I don't lose too much patience over this!