As I'm putting together the pattern pieces, I think of how excited I am to actually wear this dress...once fall weather actually starts. Since, it's supposed to hit 90 today...that sort of thinking seems a bit far fetched. I can readily admit I'm excited for fall and winter. But, I love the rain and clouds we get here in the Pacific Northwest. I'm probably the only one who doesn't complain when the chilly gloom settles over the city...in fact, I look forward to it!
But, enough rambling, on to the update!
I've put together the bodice and am currently working on the skirt. The more I put this dress together, the more I want to incorporate burnt-orange as accenting. I'm thinking I might add a tie waist instead of belt to match, but we'll see. It's a cotton broadcloth I used for a project a few years back and held onto...it's the perfect match to the orange on the flowers. I embroidered the ends of the fabric "ribbon" for additional accenting (sometimes, I can get carried away with this...but I think it works here!).
The next update might by the whole project, as I'm progressing rather quickly now that the annoying gathers around the neckline are done. But, so far...it looks great!